Search This Blog/Web

Monday 11 August 2014

TWO HEADED DOLPHIN ON TURKISH BEACH (PHOTOS)

 Apparently the 'Siamese' phenomenon is not only associated with humans yet I was very surprised when I saw the photo of the two headed dolphin above.
The conjoined corpse was seen floating onto the shore in Izmir on Turkey's west coast on Monday by a sports teacher identified as Tugrul Metin.
The dead dolphin was believed to be a one-year-old calf measuring just 3.2ft in length.
It had two heads but merged to share just one tail.


  
Mr Metin, 39, said:
 'I noticed the dolphin in the sea and watched as it washed on to the beach.  'I couldn't take it in at first - I thought my eyes were playing tricks on me - I've never even heard about a dolphin like this let alone seen one with my own eyes - I was completely shocked.'
The stunned teacher called the police who came and removed the dolphin to a laboratory for further investigation.
Early reports said the eyes on one of the dolphin heads were not properly opened - neither was one of the blow holes.
Associate professor Mehmet Gokoglu from the marine-biology department at the Ak Deniz University said he welcomed the opportunity to study the strange dolphin adding: 'Such a dolphin is a very rare occurance - similar to the occurrence of conjoined human twins'.

No comments:

Post a Comment